New Protective Style: Genie Locs/Yarn Braids

By Jessica on 7:25 PM

Filed Under:


Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a week or so but I've since moved to another state!! (YAAY!) So I've been busy with that....

Anyway...for the past THREE DAYS (yes...THREE days) I've been doing my hair. Genie Locs, or Yarn Braids. I've been wanting these for a while but for some reason, I never went thru with getting them. My mom thought they were ghetto (even tho she'd never really seen them), but I don't care...it's MY head! LOL and I think they look fine. They look JUST like pixies honestly...

Well I already know how to braid but I learned the extra details about yarn braids from someone on Youtube (BlackOnyx77) (Youtube is the BEST for naturalistas...)

Anywho....here they are!!





That's all for now! Let me know what you think!!

4 comments for this post

I think they look great. Never heard of yarn braids before, but I think they're cute.

Posted on October 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Very nice :) I'm scared to get braids though because my edges are fragile. You rock them well!

Posted on October 21, 2009 at 6:34 AM  
Anonymous

I love them! I decided to do them myself, they (in my opinion) are better than synthetic hair! It's all natural!

Posted on December 19, 2009 at 3:13 AM  
Anonymous

Looks good! Next time, only hold the lighter to the yarn for a split second and you won't have those brown ends.

Posted on January 11, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment