Dry Hair :(

By Jessica on 7:08 PM

Filed Under: , , ,


So lately I've been noticing that my hair has been REALLY dry....

I don't co-wash my hair everyday...mayb every OTHER day. And my routine includes my shecoconut oil (shea butter/coconut oil/olive oil/rosemary oil), Miss Jessie's Buttercream, and Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Leave-In Conditioner.

I also make the mistake of not tying my hair up at night...but that's because A) I sleep crazy and the scarf will just come off ANYWAY, and B) the scarf usually leaves me waking up with a headache...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to combat this hair dryness?? My hair feels so "crunchy" (as my aunt calls it) most of the time.... :(

1 comments for this post

Anonymous

First, immediately after cowashing, you apply the buttercreme, right? It contains a lot of mineral oil, which is more sealing than moisturizing. Perhaps you should apply your leave in, and then massage in the buttercreme, oil, gel, or whatever styler you choose. To keep your curls from drying out, every morning, you can just saturate your hair wih water, shake, and go. That way, you dont even have to reapply product or cowash again. If your dont like to wear a scarf, or if it slips off like mine does at night, try a satin bonnet (prefferable the ones that you can tie rather than the ones with the elastic band)or a satin pillow case. Cotton = death to hair. Also, I suggest you try MahagonyCurls' method, fom youtube, when you do your wash n gos. Look her up! I believe the vid I'm reffering to is called "stretching your wash and gos" or something like that. (^0^)

Posted on October 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment