TWA and Confidence

By Jessica on 12:33 AM

Filed Under: , , , , ,

So a comment that I'm hearing ALOT lately is "I'm lovin that hairstyle/cut on you....you have the perfect face for it"....but the CRAZY thing is, it'll be at weird time...like when I'm sittin at home in my PJ's lookin like whodunit and why and someone comes to visit (family members or friends that haven't seen me since my BC).

What I'm getting to is....sometimes I have this confidence with my TWA where I'm like "ok people think it's cute so it MUST be cute." Or they'll be days when I'm ACTUALLY feeling it...but lately, and I dont kno if its cuz I've been watching too many YouTube videos featuring other naturalistas with BEAUTIFUL textures or what...but I just haven't been feeling my TWA. So most of the time I'll wear a headwrap in a bun....

But that's getting old because I only have a few colors and I'm getting tired of trying to match them...and ultimately wearing the same clothes...

I think a large part of the problem with my confidence comes from the dryness issue (see previous post). I just feel like a have "brillo-pad head". Seriously...And I don't know how to cure it. I haven't quite figured out which products my hair likes or dislikes just yet...but I DID find out yesterday that the Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Leave-In conditioner could be one of the main things that's drying my hair out. Which saddens me because I LOVE Carol's Daughter....

I also feel like my hair is at a standstill with the growth. I know, I know...I'm not even 2 months in yet. But you guys have to understand. I havent had a relaxer since MAY. I should a LOT more than less than an inch of hair right now...

I feel like I'm complaining. Don't wanna go there.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being natural...I'm just a very impatient person. I know what u all are saying, "If you're impatient then you don't need to be embarking on this journey because the MAIN ingredient is patience." Well that's one of the main reasons I AM embarking on this journey, to learn to PRACTICE patience. For the most part its not all that hard. But when I see people that have been transitioning for the same amount of time as me and that did their BC at the same time as me, but they have TONS more growth than I do, it just discourages me.

I'm not gonna give up tho. Someone left me a comment saying that after the third month, the growth would come a lot faster....I hope she's right.

How do u newly naturalistas deal with your TWA confidence problems...?

3 comments for this post

Ok..I just did the big chop on this past Sunday, so after all my research I still felt the same, about the dryness..but I looked at the video for glyciern mixture and this AM my hair was so much better..the other point is not to worry about others..and love yourself through this experience...birth is a nine month process so is your hair, it did not all come in at one time..so take time get to know it and love it..LOL..wish you well..the youtube video's do help a lot..

Posted on March 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

moisturize
moisturize
wave nouveou
s curl activator
even gel
ECO STYLE
oil sheen
co wash alot
I LOVE it
TRUST it will grow fast enough then u will writing a blog saying how u wish u can start over with the twa
KEEP UR HEAD UP
Look in the mirror and smile
its u with no chemical
the way GOD MADE U

www.facebook.com/finemama3

Posted on September 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous

Your diet is just as important as the products you put in your hair. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, beans, and nuts.Don't underestimate the power of hydration. Drink water!I know you've posted over a year ago, but I hope this helps : )

Posted on October 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment