My First Out Day

By Jessica on 7:12 PM

Filed Under: , ,

Well today was the first day that I wasn’t ashamed of my TWA.

I did my wash and go and added a little EcoStyler Gel to my edges to make them look nice, then I added a little yellow flower to the side (for presentation ;-)) and VOILA!

I went out and got SOO many compliments! So many people told me it was the perfect look for my face or that I had the perfect face for a short hairstyle. Which I knew already because my hair was already short, but I had never sported an afro before. I LOVE it tho. It makes me even more excited about my journey!!

Here are some pics:






1 comments for this post

Your TWA looks beautiful! Also, I read some of your other post and I read about you thinking you're hair isn't growing. I big chopped on June 7, 2009 and was left with LESS than 1/2 in of hair. It's now September, and my hair is just now an 1in-1 1/2 inches all over. Now, I really felt like my hair wasn't growing and others who big chopped at my time have more growth. Buttt, my hair is SO much thicker. I mean, it's really filling in. Everyone I've talked to says that after the 3rd month your hair really starts to take off. Hey, today makes 14 weeks for me by the way. I just thought of that lol. But, I have noticed my hair really thickening up. So, hopefully by the 4th month we will both start to see more noticeable progress. But, I realized once I stopped obsessing about length, my hair started doing much better.

Posted on September 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment