Two-Strand Twists

By Jessica on 6:30 PM

Filed Under:

So my first protective style (see glossary on the side if you are unfamiliar with certain terms), I decided, would be two-strand twists...done by ME! After my last few experience with braids done by the Africans, I decided that I'm not trusting ANYONE else with my hair but ME. Don't get me wrong, they do a BANGIN job, I just can't deal with the tightness and the breakage anymore (OR the attitudes...)

So I did my twists about a week ago. The back half and the sides are black (2) then a portion at the top is reddish (350). It was a little challenging being that it's my first time braiding my OWN hair (outside of cornrows that I actually havent done in a WHILE) AND it was my first time doing THESE types of braids. But IMO it looks pretty good! I had to recently redo the sides because it didn't look full enough. But now it looks fab... :-)These are pics from the first night I did it and the night after when I went out. As you can see in the last pic it's not very full...I fixed that.

I'll be back later with instructions on how I did it and what I used. I'm out of town right now and all of my supplies are at home so I can't post pics right now.

Lemme kno what ya think!

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment