New Co-Wash Routine!!

By Jessica on 1:39 AM

Filed Under: , , ,

Ok guys....scratch the deep conditioning treatment I made up the other day. Thanks to KinkyKurlyQueen, I found the BEST co-wash treatment!! A lot of you may have heard of it before. It's the Baking Soda treatment.

All you do is mix:
1 cup of Conditioner (I used Queen Helene's again...yea it's pretty much all gone LOL)
1/2 cup of baking soda
1 capful of EVOO

Apply to your hair evenly, cover with a plastic cap and a heated towel for about 30-45 minutes. Rinse out in the shower.

After I got out of the shower (and I usually do this EVERYTIME I get out of the shower), I applied a few drops of Rosemary oil DIRECTLY on my scalp, followed by my shea butter mix, then my Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Leave-In Conditioner.

I had to run out and go somewhere but I have no air in my car so I had the windows down which also happened to air dry my hair and OMG! My scalp felt AMAZING! I can now see why Rosemary oil promotes hair growth. My scalp was tingling but it was a good tingle. It felt like my scalp was just open..in a good way LOL. Anyway...after my hair had air dried completely I couldn't keep my hands out of it! It felt SO soft!

I will probably do this treatment about once every 2 weeks.

*You don't need to use shampoo because the baking soda itself is a natural cleansing agent.

Also...and update from yesterday's "Frustrated" entry. Well amazingly, after looking at my hair today, I don't know if I just got used to my TWA or what...but I think my hair really IS growing! I still think I should have a LOT more growth than this for 4 months without a perm.

That's all folks!

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment